Travelling Overseas

If you have already filed for Bankruptcy successfully, the Bankruptcy Act 1966 places you under obligation to comply with some additional rules and regulations during the period of your Bankruptcy.

You can live and move within Australia, as you wish, provided you advise your trustee/administrator of your new address / contact details.

Contact us as soon as you have made your travel arrangements. We will forward to you the relevant documentation to be completed and returned to us. We will ensure that all AFSA requirments are complete, then lodge your request. We prefer 2-3 weeks notice before travel to ensure that there are no unforeseen issues. We will send you back the AFSA Overseas Travel Consent letter, which you keep with your passport if needed.